Tomahawk steak is one of the premium beef steak cuts. It is basically the ribeye of beef with a five-inch rib bone intact. Grilling this part of the steak and
serving it with sweet potato puree and grilled brussels sprouts will give you a
renewed appreciation for tomahawk steak.
Preparation time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Serving Size: 4 people
- Finishing salt to taste
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 ½ lb. tomahawk beef steak
For Grilled Brussels sprouts:
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 pc cored and cut apple (¼ inch slice)
- ½ cup bacon lardons raw
- 3 tbsp and 1 tsp grapeseed oil
- 20 pcs trimmed and halved Brussels sprouts
For Sweet potato Puree:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups peeled and diced sweet potatoes
1. In a baking dish, place the beef and soy sauce. Coat the steak with the soy
sauce. Cover and marinate in a refrigerator for 20 minutes.
2. Remove the steak from the refrigerator. Discard the soy sauce then pat the
steak with a paper towel to dry it. Season and rub the steak with pepper and
3. Heat a gas grill and place the steak on it. Grill the steak for 40 minutes or
until doneness on each side.
4. Remove steak after then cover loosely with an aluminum foil and set it
aside for 15 minutes.
5. Serve the steak with Sweet Potato Puree and Grilled Brussels Sprout.
For Sweet Potato Puree:
1. In a saucepan, add water. Heat it over medium for 3 – 5 minutes. Place in
the potatoes and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until potatoes tender. Using a
strainer, separate the milk and the potatoes. Reserve the milk.
2. Add butter, 2 tbsp reserved milk and potatoes in a blender. Blend it until it
smoothens. Add reserved milk when needed—season with pepper and salt.
For Grilled Brussels Sprouts:
1. In a medium bowl, place the 3 tbsp oil, apples, and sprouts, toss to coat.
Place the apples and sprout on a heated gas grill, cut down the sides. Grill
without cover for 1 – 2 minutes until it has grill marks.
2. Place on the bacon and cook it for 8 minutes until the bacon is cooked
partially and the fat becomes rendered.
3. Add the sprouts, cover then cook for 8 minutes. Dice the grilled apple and
add it to the skillet.
4. Pour in the lemon juice and sprinkle with pepper and salt. Set aside and
keep it warm.