You would fall in love with this saffron-infused seafood & rice recipe. For
more heat, feel free to sprinkle some black pepper and chili flakes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pound shrimp, large, peeled & deveined (approximately 31 to
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
For Spice Mixture:
- 1 red bell pepper, nicely cut into short strips
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup green peas, frozen
- ¼ teaspoon each of black pepper & crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- A pinch of saffron threads
- 1 cup arborio or valencia rice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley or cilantro, chopped, optional
- 1 teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat your Instant pot . Once the word HOT appears; immediately add the butter and heat until melted.
2. Once done; add onion & sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, until soft. Add garlic &
continue to cook for a minute or two more.
3. Add the Spice Mixture ingredients to the hot pot; cook until the spices are
fragrant, for a minute.
4. Add red pepper & rice to the hot pot; give the ingredients a good stir.
5. Add wine and broth; deglaze & scrapping down any brown bits using a
large, wooden spoon.
6. Press the cancel feature.
7. Cook for 6 minutes on manual setting.
8. When the cooking cycle completes, immediately perform a quick-release
feature. Add the frozen peas, scallops and shrimp.
9. Cook & stir the ingredients gently for a couple of minutes, until most of
the liquid have been absorbed & the scallops and shrimp are cooked through;
feel free choose the sauté feature, as required.
10. Serve hot; sprinkled with parsley or cilantro. Enjoy.
kcal: 523, Fat: 14 g, Fiber: 4.6 g, Protein: 36 g