I served this recipe with freshly prepared raita & lime wedges; my guests just
loved the taste. Prepare the raita by whisking the yogurt in a medium-sized
mixing bowl and add tomatoes, onions and salt. Then, mix well & garnish
with freshly chopped cilantro.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 5 people
- 1 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 10 to 12 fresh mint leaves, chopped roughly
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, pressed
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 pounds Salmon or halibut, bone-in; cut into 1” steaks
- 1 onion, large, thinly sliced
- 2 cups basmati rice
- ¼ cup ghee, divided
- 1 cup fresh dill leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- 2 cups water
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ jalapeno sliced into 4 wedges, optional
1. Prepare the marinade by mixing garlic with fenugreek leaves, garam
masala, ginger, ground coriander, red chili powder, turmeric, cilantro, lemon
juice, mint leaves, yogurt and salt in a large-sized mixing bowl. Add fish;
turning it several times until evenly coated with the prepared marinade.
Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Rinse & soak the basmati rice for a couple of minutes. Drain well & set
aside as well.
3. Preheat your Instant pot by pressing the sauté feature. Once the word HOT
appears; immediately add 2 tablespoons of the ghee; heat until completely
melted and hot. Add and cook the thinly sliced onions until caramelized, for 8
to 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove half of the onion; set aside for
4. Next, add 2 more tablespoons of ghee to your Instant Pot. Add dill & mix
well; don’t forget to deglaze the pot then, add the marinated fish & jalapeño.
Add rice, water and 1 ½ teaspoon of salt, pushing the rice gently under the
liquids using a large, wooden spatula.
5. Cover & secure the lid to its place. Pressure cook for 5 minutes, on manual
setting then, perform a quick release feature to get rid of the pressure.
6. Carefully remove the lid. Garnish with the kept-aside caramelized onions
& freshly chopped cilantro. Serve hot & enjoy.
kcal: 536, Fat: 25 g, Fiber: 1.1 g, Protein: 31 g