Is avocado on steak delicious? Well, it is, and you should definitely try it out
for yourself! Avocado has a rich and creamy texture that complements well
with tomatillos, which will give your steak rich but well-balanced flavors.
Preparation time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Serving Size: 8 people
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro (fresh)
- 2 pcs fully ripened avocados. (cut in half)
- 1 pc sliced onion
- ¼ lb. tomatillos
- 2 lb. beef sirloin steaks boneless (¼ inch thick)
- ½ cup Italian dressing (divided)
1. In a shallow dish, place the steak and pour the dressing over it. Place the
coated steak in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Prepare a saucepan, add 2 cups of water and simmer water in low heat.
Once the water simmer, add the tomatillos and cook for 15 minutes or until it
skins tender and softens.
3. Place the tomatillos and blender in a blender. Add garlic, onions, cilantro,
and avocados, and blend until it smoothens.
4. Cook the dressing in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions and cook
it again for 5 minutes in medium heat. Remove the dressing and set it aside
and keep it warm.
5. Remove the steak from the refrigerator and place it on the skillet. Cook it
for 2 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
6. Add the onions and the avocado sauce over the skillet and cook it for 1-2
minutes in low heat or until sauce is heated.
7. Serve with topped sour cream.